I’ve been drinking way too much over the last few weeks. This week (11 to 17 Jan 2016), I will not drink any alcohol — beer, spirits, whatever have you not.
It’ll take effort.
I almost automatically reach for a pint after work (or sometimes in the middle!). To do otherwise, means that I’ve to distract myself, replace the action of drinking alcohol, and turn it into a thing that I don’t enjoy.
How Do I Complete This Challenge?
- If… Then… Coping Strategies
- If I am asked to drink beer, I’ll beg off.
- If I am faced with a beer, then I’ll eat something
- Destress the Hot Mechanism
- Work & Relationship stress creates a desire to drink. Use breathing exercises to defuse this stress.
- Stay fueled. Eat something towards the end of day.
- Make the Punishment Horrible
- If I drink, I give $100 away. Just leave it on the table.
Fingers crossed. Here I go.